Saturday 9 March 2013

THE MAGIC OF BEING A PARENT

-->
Anyone who has had a baby will tell you that it is the most remarkable feeling. You are responsible for that little body, those tiny hands, feet and that angelic face. You now know what it feels like to be loved in a way u could never be loved by anyone else. That is parental love, the best kind of love. That feeling you both get when you share a laugh/hug with your little one, priceless. The little angel(s) who looks to you for protection, guidance and love.

 The bad and enraging moments are outweighed by the good times. My daughter is 3 now and I struggle with the decision of how many more children I should have due to that bit of selfishness I feel. At the moment I seem to be stuck on the idea of her being the only child against everyone’s horror. My main reason for this is freedom lol, yeah I miss waking up when I want, how I want and planning as I go, at the moment everything is about routine. At times she isn’t able to communicate with me effectively; quite a bit frustrating especially when she starts getting hysterical.
Then I see a new born baby and I just melt and think okay maybe one more some time in the future, but then I would also start toying with the idea of a big family with 3 kids. Nonetheless I have decided to let the future decide and let things be. I am addicted to her or maybe the kind of love we share, I can’t imagine going weeks without seeing my baby girl.
When the day comes and I’m old and grey I hope to have mostly sweet memories of my children. Even as I die I will take with me the gift of their love, which is the purest kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment